(30 movies ask) 10 and 19 ! (I'm allowed to answer too? :P Cloud atlas <3)
10. A film you love for its aesthetic
I think my answer is the same as sainte-inuit XD Cloud Atlas is definitely astounding aesthetically (and in every other aspect ♥ what a magnificent movie!). And I would add here Atonement, Anna Karenina (almost everything by Joe Wright, really), The Grand Hotel Budapest, The pianist, Byzantium… I will not enter in scenery and the likes or the list would be never ending XD
19. A movie you want everyone to know about
Again, Cloud Atlas as sainte-inuit said! That movie is so underrated, and it’s seriously a masterpiece.
Filth too. It’s a hard and painful movie at times and weird and hilarious at others but oh so enjoyable and fullfilling. Seriously, McAvoy’s best acting job until now.
The Road is a movie I think isn’t really known? And I loved it. Painful, sad post-apocalyptic jewel with Viggo Mortensen.
I recently watched The secret life of Walter Mitty, expecting nothing, and I was so touched by it. The message of the movie is so beautiful: turn your life into something worth living in reality, and not only in your fantasies. Slow paced but with the most beautiful scenery I’ve seen in ages and. I dunno. Go watch it. It’s so gorgeous.
Only Lovers left alive. A philosophic, feel good movie that will make you think about how wrong we humans are and how badly we do things and how beautiful our planet is and how much we messed it when we should have been norturing it and feeling privileged enjoying its wonders.
…can’t think on more now, but I’m sure I’m forgetting some ><
Thanks for both your asks!! ♥
velvetcadence said: I have a long list of things to watch but I’m terrible at watching movies alone hahaha! I’ll take this as a rec though, Filth sounds pretty exciting :D
I was genuinely surprised by Filth, in a positive way! The movie is a roller coaster, but… it’s somehow really fun? The soundtrack is PERFECT and James is beyond perfect and the plot is fun and sad and disgusting and scandalous… I don’t know. It’s such a joyride of conflicted emotions. I totally recommend it!!
"I don’t know anything ever. I really don’t."
I’M FUCKING SCREAMING OMGGGGGG THE TIME HAS COME FOR THE 90S TO ROMANTICIZED BY NON-90S KIDS FUCK
I feel like a legend.
30. Favorite movie ending?
As of now, it should be Filth. In the span of a few minutes and, specifically, the last couple of seconds, the movie turns you so fast from one point to the extreme opposite and back again that you don’t know how to react. It’s a nice surprise ending!
I love endings that left me ‘eeeeeeeh???’ and not knowing how to deal with things XD
Thanks for the question :)
- VHS, DVD or BluRay?
- Cinema or at home on your computer?
- What was the movie that made you fall in love with movies?
- Who is your #1 director crush? (because everyone has more than one)
- If you could have drinks with the cast of one movie which one would it be?
- Quentin Tarantino or Martin Scorsese?
- Favorite B Movie?
- Favorite film from 2007?
- Comfort film(s)?
- A film you love for its aesthetic
- A movie that you hate from a director you love
- Exploitation Films or French New Wave?
- Derek Cianfrance or Steve McQueen?
- A movie that made you uncomfortable and why
- A movie you regret paying for
- Long epics or short indies?
- Cate Blanchett or Kate Winslet?
- Least favorite genre?
- A movie you want everyone to know about
- Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
- Describe yourself in three films
- A movie you couldn’t watch with your parents
- Favorite sex scene?
- Do you prefer to watch movies alone, with friends or an audience?
- Nicolas Winding Refn or Lars von Trier?
- A movie that portrays your ideal world
- A movie that makes you nostalgic
- Cannes or the Oscars?
- Favorite country for cinema outside of the UK, U.S. and Canada?
- Favorite movie ending?
your art is FANTASTIC and you're so good at capturing expressions, wow!
thank you so much!! I mostly spend hours studying pics and videos of someone I want to draw, and I use a lot of references too :) but thank you!!